Linda Buckley is an Irish composer/performer based in Glasgow who has written extensively for orchestra (RTE National Symphony Orchestra, BBC Symphony Orchestra), and has a particular interest in merging her classical training with the worlds of post punk, folk and ambient electronica. Her work has been described as “fantastically brutal, reminiscent of the glitch music of acts such as Autechre” (Liam Cagney, Composing the Island) and “engaging with an area of experience that new music is generally shy of, which, simplified and reduced to a single word, I’d call ecstasy” (Bob Gilmore, Journal of Music). Music for theatre includes work by Enda Walsh (Bedbound) and film by Pat Collins (Living in a Coded Land) and Tadhg O’Sullivan (Solas Céad Bliain). Awards include a Fulbright scholarship to New York University and the Frankfurt Visual Music Award 2011 (Silk Chroma). Recent and upcoming collaborations include work with Mmoths, arrangements from This Mortal Coil, remixes for Augustus and John, new music with Laura Sheeran (Kuvn), as well as performances by Icebreaker, Iarla O’Lionaird, Joby Burgess, Ensemble Mise-En and Crash Ensemble. Linda also lectures in Composition at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.
- February 2019
- Haza and Drink Your Passion performed by Herz Ensemble, Muziekgebouw, Amsterdam
Herz Ensemble perform Drink all your Passion and Haza, Muziekgebouw, Amsterdam
- January 2019
- Nosferatu at Brookfield Place, New York
Live score to Nosferatu film, for New Sounds WNYC New York, with John Schaefer.
- Revelavit for voice and electronics, Aani Bourassa Washington D.C.
Soprano Aani Bourassa performs the Leonin inspired Revelavit for Green Stairwell Concert series.
- December 2018
- Moog release with Jonathan Nangle
Release of cassette and Bandcamp digital download of Moog performance with Jonathan Nangle, from the Science Gallery Dublin, in association with the Moog Sound Lab UK.
- August 2018
- downward in a freezing earth performed at Susaa Festival, Denmark
Concorde perform downward in a freezing earth, Grønnegades Kaserne, Cultural Center in Næstved, Denmark
- June 2018
- New work with Liz Roche Dance Company – One Here Now : The Brian O’Doherty / Patrick Ireland Project
Collaboration with Liz Roche Dance Company, Pilgrimage – installation and performance at Sirius Arts Centre Cobh, and I/Thou – major new contemporary dance work at Cork Opera House.
- Fiol performed by Goeyvaerts Trio, LCMS
Goeyvaerts Trio perform Fiol, Louth Contemporary Music Centre, Book of Hours
- June 2018
- Revelavit performed by Gothic Voices/Catherine King – Louth Contemporary Music Centre
Catherine King of Gothic Voices performs Revelavit for voice and electronics, Louth Contemporary Music Centre, Book of Hours
- May 2018
- Installation at Open Ear Festival, Sherkin Island
Audio visual installation as part of Open Ear electronic music festival on Sherkin Island
- May 2018
- Improv voice/electronic set with poet Doireann Ni Ghriofa
Collaboration and live performance/reading with poet Doireann Ni Ghriofa, Poetry Ireland, Dublin