New album, From Ocean’s Floor, out now on NMC. Featuring Iarla Ó’Lionáird, Crash Ensemble, Isabelle O’Connell, Joby Burgess, Contempo Quartet and Darragh Morgan. Guardian folk album of the month, and Folk Radio editor’s pick.
- ‘An excellent portrait of one of Ireland’s most interesting composers’ Journal of Music
- ‘The intensity of her work is irresistible – a generous portrait that is full of surprises and unsettling questions.’ Tim Rutherford-Johnson, The Rambler
- ‘It’s clear how much Buckley deeply connects her past to her present, opening up possibilities for our mutual musical futures.’ Guardian
- ‘Music of mythic magic … sublime as well as brilliant – richly and strangely powerful.’ BBC Radio 3 New Music Show
- ‘Linda Buckley is unquestionably one of the most exciting, prolific and ‘ecstatic’ composers to come from Ireland in recent times.’ RTÉ
- ‘Diverse and ultra imaginative work, intense and shimmering…’ BBC Radio Scotland
- ‘Intelligent, atmospheric and strangely beautiful.’ ★★★★ Songlines
- The works on this album are captivating; I couldn’t tear myself away.’ ★★★★ BBC Music Magazine
- December 2022
- New work for the Ficino Quartet
New work for string quartet for performance by the Ficino Quartet during a tour of Ireland 7-11 December 2022, alongside music by Caroline Shaw, Philip Glass and Ravel.
Linda Buckley is an Irish composer/performer who creates electronic and acoustic music, often in the realm of glitch, drone and dark ambient. In September 2020 her NMC record, From Ocean’s Floor was released, praised by Iggy Pop on BBC Radio 6 as “beautiful music – here is somebody really, really special”. Read more »